[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB Annotation question?

jxcheng do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 12:09:12 EST 2006

I deployed and tested a simple EJB 3.0 program successfully with JBOSS 4.05.

The following code use JNDI lookup works fine.

  | Hashtable<String,String> h= new Hashtable<String,String>();
  | h.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | h.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  | h.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "localhost");
  |
  | InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(h);
  |
  |  WordReverse wr = (WordReverse) ctx.lookup("/WordReverseBean/remote");
  |
  | wr.getReversedWorld("test")

However, I have problems using EJB annotation.  The following code compiles fine. but run into run-time Exception
It complains that the instance variable wr is NULL.  I tried different attribute values for the EJB annotation without sucsess.

  | @EJB(mappedName="jnp://localhost:1099/WordReverseBean/remote")
  | //@EJB(beanName="WordReverseBean")
  | //@EJB
  | private static WordReverse wr;
  |
  | public static void main(String[] args) throws NamingException{

  | wr.getReversedWorld("test")

Could anyone help here?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991714#3991714