[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Assesment of JB Portal for my needs....

mickknutson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 13:40:25 EST 2006

I can't tell you how cross eyed I am looking at the various CMS and portal solutions to decide on.

So, I was hoping to describe my general requirements, and hope that someone very familiar with JB portal can give me some insight as to how well JB Portal fits...

To start, I am creating a site to stream dance radio shows for various genre's of dance music. I also have plenty of content about each set, and the artist that performed each set. (we have thousands already) Then there will be a perpetual flash player to play these sets. Then the next phase is to integrate a shopping cart to purchase the songs from each set.

* Easy for non-developer staff to add and edit pages for the site.

* Ability for Artists to add set pages.

* SSO Integration with DB Users

* Ability to easily build application with Maven, and deploy on Dev, then PROD servers.

* Ability to use advanced Ajax for services.

* Integrated, search engine, or easy integration for content search.

* Ability to quickly and easily re-skin the overall look

Some questions:

* Can I deploy all portlets and libs in an ear with JB Portal?

* Is the content jsut stored with Jackrabbit? How can I synch content from DEV, QA and PROD for testing?

Are skins part of the build/war or are they part of the content stored in jackrabbit?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991747#3991747

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991747