[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: How to implement Federated SSO using our own custom logo

sohil.shah@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 21:24:13 EST 2006

njw-

here is a possible solution using Federated SSO:

JBoss Federated SSO stack fits on top of any arbitrary web application regardless of their network location.

All the web apps that need to be federated (termed form a federation of partner sites), need to integrate this stack as per the instructions provided on the project's wiki.

Now, once the user is authenticated using the central login application that you are talking about, a SAML token will be circulated through the federation and processed by the Federated SSO stack in each web application.

anonymous wrote :
  | I've downloaded JBoss Federated SSO but failed at the first hurdle because we're not using LDAP. I can see that I need to implement my own LoginProvider but cant work out what form this should take (war, ear etc), how to deploy it, or how it relates to the logon app we need to build, or how our 'business' apps understand which user they are dealing with

You are correct, you need to implement the LoginProvider which integrates with your Identity Store which I believe is an Oracle database. You can package this up in a jar file and drop it into the jboss-sso.sar file deployed with each one of your web applications

Hope this helps

Thanks
Sohil

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991841#3991841