[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Understanding the deploy directory

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 21:48:11 EST 2006

I'd like to get a better understanding of the actual files within the deploy directory, so that (among other reasons, of course) I can delete unnecessary files/folders to decrease startup time and memory consumption.

Is there any place that lists what each of the files that I see there actually do? That way I can know what to safely delete without creating any problems that may pop up later because of it?

Right now, the only thing I know is that if I am using EJB3, JSF, and Seam, I can delete all the *-ds.xml files except for the one I am using in my application. I also know, of course, that the deployed application itself must remain. But that's all I know.

But I see a lot of folders, XML files, and a couple of RAR files...how can I learn about what these do?

There's also an issue of dependencies...for example, if I guess that the jbossweb-tomcat55.sar folder is for JBoss Web and I delete it, how do I know that some other functionality (like JSPs/Servlets) doesn't depend on it somewhere down the road?

Where might I find such info? I truly hope it has been documented. Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991846#3991846

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991846