[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Deleting processInstance as part of workflow

ksdeger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 23:39:44 EST 2006

As the last step in the workflow (at or right before end-state) I would like to delete the processInstance. Basically, I don't want any ended processIntances in the database.

I tried re-defining end-state, and I thought I had correctly changed all the configuration files, but my process wouldn't deploy correctly.

My question is, is end-state required, or could I not have an end-state node in the process definition, and instead  define a node that would essentially end the task and delete the processInstance? I looked at the source code for the EndState node, and it doesn't seem to do anything special, but I'm more concerned about what might be happening outside the node class.

If eliminating end-state is not possible could someone who is using deleteProcessInstance explain when/how they use it? I could of course create an process outside of the flow to query the database for completed processes and then use deleteProcessInstance to clean them out, but that would require additional queries against the database. We are running an extremely large number of processes through the system, and I'm trying to limit unnecessary queries (if possible).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991859#3991859

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991859