[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Performance question on EntityManager

akrishmohan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 7 00:54:02 EST 2006

Thanks for your response.

Coming back to the problem, basically, I am supposed to update DB with contents of a file. If anything happens during data insertion, the whole transaction needs to be rolled back. So the reading of file and updating it into the DB should be in one transaction unit. Since there are multiple files to be read, I was wondering if I could open the entity manager before file-read/DB-update  and close immediately after. Will CMP still yield better performance for this case too? Sorry if I sound repetitive.

I am just trying to understand how Container Manager Persistence (CMP) demarcates the transaction here and handles persistence.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991870#3991870

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991870