[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam Log4J wrapper

quilleashm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 7 07:54:29 EST 2006

Done some looking into this.  I have something that works for me but am unsure about the implications when it is running inside a web container because it creates it's own instance of a LogFactory which is not ideal.  This will double up all the internal data structures etc.

Would probably need someone who's familiar with classloading issues in web containers to check this over.  I know some applications call LogFactory.release(All) to avoid classloaders being held by the logging system and in turn causes memory leaks on a redeploy.  Perhaps the Seam ServletContextListener could call release() on the Seam LogFactory when the context is destroyed.

The (unexpected) advantage of doing it this way is it isolates the Seam logs from the normal logs so even if you create a Seam log and a normal log from the same class/bean/pojo the line numbering should work ok for both.  Reusing the same LogFactory would mean it would've been the first to open the log for that class wins.

Far as I've got so far, any thoughts?  I can post the code somewhere, JIRA?, if it would be helpful.

Cheers.

Mike.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991948#3991948

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991948