[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: where do i need to specify the JNP port which is used fo

phanisekhar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 8 05:17:52 EST 2006

hi Feodorov.

I have made the necessary changes to my EAR as specified at jboss WIKIpage given below..

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossMessagingUser_Deploying_a_scoped_MDB_container

I could solve the communication exception but still facing some errors like invalid destination exception.

I have added jar files to my EAR at client side and used the following code to lookup

 Hashtable hst = new Hashtable();
                  hst.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
                  hst.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,"org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
                  hst.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"jnp://remotehost:1099");
                  Context context = new InitialContext(hst);

QueueConnectionFactory queueConnectionFactory = (QueueConnectionFactory) context.lookup("java:JmsXA");

queueConnection =     queueConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection();

 queueSession = queueConnection.createQueueSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
					 Queue  queue = (Queue) context.lookup("queue/testQueue");

next when the below gets executed I am getting invalid Destination Exception.

QueueSender queueSender = queueSession.createSender(queue);

Following is the list of jar files added to ear at client side as specified in WIKI page

javassist.jar
jboss-aop.jar
jboss-common-softvaluehashmap.jar
jboss-messaging.jar
jboss-remoting.jar
trove.jar
jboss-serialization.jar

and i have placed jboss-messaging-client.jar at following path in server

jboss-4.0.2\server\messaging\lib

Is it manadatory to add all the above files to Ear while lookig for a jboss Remote messaging instance.
can you  tell me the steps or procedure what I am following is correct or not?

I have downloaded jboss-messaging-1.0.1.GA.zip and used it as specified
in jboss messaging user guide.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992206#3992206

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992206