[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Need help deploying a simple MDB in JBoss 4.0.5

rbrewster do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 8 13:13:59 EST 2006

I am trying to package and deploy an EAR to JBoss 4.0.5.  The application already runs in Weblogic and in JRun.  I have a simple MDB that listens on a Queue.  The senders are within stateless EJB's in the same VM.  I need the simplest authorization and no transactional support.  I have spent at least an entire day browsing forums here trying to get the MDB to deploy.  The goal is simply to bind one queue and a connection factory into JNDI and deploy the MDB.  I used Xdoclet to generate the deployment descriptors:

  | ejb-jar.xml:
  |       <!-- Message Driven Beans -->
  |       <message-driven >
  |          <description><![CDATA[EmailSendingBean]]></description>
  |
  |          <ejb-name>EmailSending</ejb-name>
  |
  |          <ejb-class>edu.darden.alumni.session.message.EmailSendingBean</ejb-class>
  |
  |          <transaction-type>Bean</transaction-type>
  |          <message-driven-destination>
  |             <destination-type>javax.jms.Queue</destination-type>
  |          </message-driven-destination>
  |
  |       </message-driven>
  |
  | jrun.xml:
  |       <message-driven>
  |          <ejb-name>EmailSending</ejb-name>
  |          <destination-jndi-name>queue/emailqueue</destination-jndi-name>
  |       </message-driven>
  |
  | jbossmq-destinations-service.xml:
  |     <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
  |         name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=emailqueue">
  |         <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
  |         <depends optional-attribute-name="SecurityManager">jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager</depends>
  |         <attribute name="MessageCounterHistoryDayLimit">-1</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="SecurityConf">
  |             <security>
  |                 <role name="guest" read="true" write="true"/>
  |                 <role name="publisher" read="true" write="true" create="false"/>
  |                 <role name="noacc" read="false" write="false" create="false"/>
  |             </security>
  |         </attribute>
  |     </mbean>
  |
  |     <mbean code="org.jboss.naming.NamingAlias"
  |         name="jboss.mq:service=NamingAlias,fromName=ConnectionFactory">
  |         <attribute name="ToName">MDBQueueConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="FromName">ConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |     </mbean>
  |
  | login-config.xml:
  |     <application-policy name = "jbossmq">
  |        <authentication>
  |           <login-module code = "org.jboss.mq.sm.file.DynamicLoginModule"
  |              flag = "required">
  |              <module-option name = "unauthenticatedIdentity">guest</module-option>
  |              <module-option name = "sm.objectname">jboss.mq:service=StateManager</module-option>
  |           </login-module>
  |        </authentication>
  |     </application-policy>
  |
  |     <application-policy name = "JmsXARealm">
  |        <authentication>
  |           <login-module code = "org.jboss.resource.security.ConfiguredIdentityLoginModule"
  |              flag = "required">
  |              <module-option name = "principal">guest</module-option>
  |              <module-option name = "userName">guest</module-option>
  |              <module-option name = "password">guest</module-option>
  |              <module-option name = "managedConnectionFactoryName">jboss.jca:service=TxCM,name=JmsXA</module-option>
  |           </login-module>
  |        </authentication>
  |     </application-policy>

The application looks up the connection factory by the JNDI name:
"jms/MDBQueueConnectionFactory"

It looks up the queue by the JNDI name:
"jms/queue/emailqueue"

I need to bind these names to JNDI.

Some things tried so far:

In the deploy/jms directory I renamed the file hsqldb-jdbc-state-service.xml.  This got rid of a ClassCastException.

I am presently getting:

2006-12-08 12:43:34,673 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler] Initialization failed DLQHandler
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: XAConnectionFactory not bound

What should I try next?

Thank you.

Richard Brewster

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992308#3992308