[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Passing messages using JBoss Seam managed exception handling

zzzz8 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 9 02:19:47 EST 2006

I'm having some issues displaying Faces messages...  Please tell me what I'm doing wrong:

Here's a snippet of my code.  I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use facesMessages or just call the constructor for the exception class, so I tried both:

     facesMessages.add(FacesMessage.SEVERITY_ERROR, "Error!");

  |      throw new ApplicationException("Error!");

Here's the class definition for the ApplicationException class:

package test;

  | public class ApplicationException extends Exception {
  |     public ApplicationException() {
  |         super();
  |     }
  |
  |     public ApplicationException(final String inputExceptionText) {
  |         super(inputExceptionText);
  |     }
  | }

Here's my exceptions.xml file (a snippet):

<exception class="test.ApplicationException">
  |     <redirect view-id="/pages/confirmation/applicationException.xhtml">
  |         </redirect>
  |         <end-conversation />
  | </exception>

Here's the snippet of the xhtml file:

<ui:composition>

  |     <h:messages showDetail="true" />
  |
  |     <h:form>
  |         <h:commandButton value="#{messages['GoBack']}" action="go_Home" />
  |     </h:form>
  | </ui:composition>
  |   |

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992404#3992404