[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Why do none of the samples work in Tomcat?

krica do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 10 02:20:55 EST 2006

Well, I fail to see why I would need to clean from a fresh Seam distribution, but maybe it is so. In any case, I always do run clean before a new compilation (when things are not working anyway), but I do not do so on the same command (i.e. "ant clean deploy.tomcat"). If this is so important, it should be mentioned in the readme no? I followed the instructions in the readme. I understand that the problem is the default "deploy" target, but this issue should be mentioned in the readme, IMO.

After upgrading my JDK to the latest release and running "ant clean deploy.tomcat", I do get past this issue except for the "issues" project, which gives me.

ERROR 10-12 10:52:49,171 (Log4JLogger.java:error:119)  -Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
  | java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/myfaces/config/MyfacesConfig

(I'm not going to copy the whole stack trace cause this thread is not about this, which I believe is a separate issue. Yes, MyFacesConfig is in WEB-INF/lib/myfaces-impl-1.1.3.jar)

Anyway, it would seem you are right Richard. I needed to run "ant clean deploy.tomcat" specifically (or the JDK was bad, which I do not believe was the case). However, I asked two of my colleagues to deploy to Tomcat as I originally did (as described in the readme, i.e. first "ant", then "ant deploy.tomcat") and it worked perfectly well for both of them. Must be something with me :)

Still will not work in JBoss AS, but again, a different issue and I really do not need it solved right now.

Thanks for you assistance Richard!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992500#3992500

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992500