[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Audit Interceptor with State

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 11 01:05:16 EST 2006

"kevin.genie" wrote : Hello Gavin,
  | <<(The reason is that fine-grained method-level tx <<demarcation is an antipattern - you want to do all <<your work for a request in the same tx.)
  |
  |   I didn't understand what you have said ? Can u pls give a detailed explanation ? Are you referrring to the pattern where from the controller you are forced to do all the work in a single ejb call since you cannot make two EJB calls in the same Action method because of Tx getting splitted ? If that is the case, is there a way this can be done in Seam ? If we are using Session bean methods as action methods, then here also we have to do all the work in that method itself; am i right ?

What I mean is that if you let EJB demarcate the txn, and if you have lots of little calls from the view to the session beans while rendering a single page, you will get many little transactions instead of a single big one.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992682#3992682

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992682