[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Login encryption not working

ewade do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 11 11:03:25 EST 2006

Gee, then what are the module options hashAlgorithm and hashEncoding for?

In the user's guide you say anonymous wrote : This module supports password stacking, password hashing and unathenticated identity. Looking up password hashing, I see the manual says,  anonymous wrote : These modules generally work with plain text passwords, but can also be configured to support hashed passwords to prevent plain text passwords from being stored on the server side.

Again, we're trying to use your database module for login and specify hashing and encoding of plaintext passwords.

If you don't support that, perhaps you need to change your documentation. So its just a bit more clear how and what these options are intended to do.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992789#3992789

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992789