[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB3 Update instead of delete

anotherjavaguy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 11 11:14:30 EST 2006

JBoss 4.0.4 GA

I'm trying to work out a cascade delete issue with an old schema.

User Object has a list of Permission Objects. (I can publish more code if u need)

When I delete user,  hibernate is creating Update statements and trying to set the user_id in permission table to null, what I want is for hibernate to write a delete statement for the permission.

I've tried playing around with the mapping and I googled up something about using @SQLDelete to override the sql but this isnt an available annotation from the client lib directory. Not sure where its from.

Can someone give me a hint on how I can accomplish this.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992797#3992797

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992797