[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Combinding Seam's pages.xml and the a4j:include of Ajax4Jsf?

andrew.rw.robinson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 11 16:56:53 EST 2006

The pages.xml features have been invaluable for executing actions when a page is loaded. I also see that it now has support for changing the view if a conversation is not active.

These features are great, but unfortunately on apply to root views. Ajax4Jsf has a include tag that pulls in a page to make up part of the parent page. This included, child page is a normal view-id.

I would love to see Seam enhance and support this control so that the pages.xml can react to the child view. For example:

a.xhtml:
  | <aj4:include viewId="/includes/b.xhtml" />...

And then be able to:

pages.xml
  <page view-id="/includes/b.xhtml"
  |     action="#{someBean.onLoad}"
  |     no-conversation-view-id="/includes/noConversation.xhtml" />

Do you think that this would be possible, and if not, what kind of work would be required to integrate this into an extended version of a4j:include?

Thanks,
Andrew

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992913#3992913

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992913