[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: JSF JBoss question

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 11 17:27:47 EST 2006

In JBoss 4.x, the main advantage JSF has over other frameworks is that it is already installed and supported by JBoss support.  Also, JSF standard taglibs are cached and available globally.

In JBoss 5.x, the integration is deeper.  As part of JEE 5, JSF becomes the standard web framework.  JBoss 5 integrates everything in JBoss 4.x plus support for resource injection, JBoss Serialization, and automatic initialization.

See http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossFaces for links to details.

Again, the ability to get support from JBoss for both the app server and JSF is often see as a big plus whereas you would need to find support for other frameworks from separate vendors.

As long as you are evaluating frameworks, you should also take a close look at JBoss Seam.  There is a lot of advanced stuff in there that complements and builds on JSF.  In many ways, Seam is the big answer to how we are making things easier for developers.  See http://www.jboss.com/products/seam.  I think you'll be duly impressed.

Everything you mention is addressed one way or another in either JSF, third-party JSF components, or Seam.  The possible exception is FB2 (I don't know what that is).  For the enum support you need JSF 1.2 which is in JBoss 5.

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992920#3992920

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992920