[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to use ice:menuBar with Seam in an EAR application?

Newlukai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 12 05:38:38 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to get my application started, but it fails with a NoClassDefFounfError:
11:21:37,140 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,module=ares.jar
  | java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/icesoft/faces/component/menubar/MenuItem

As you can see this error occurs while the jar is loaded. To create a dynamic menuBar I've to use the above mentioned class in the bean that generaties the menu. The class is in the icefaces-comps.jar which is already in my war file to use the ICEfaces tags.

My problem now is: Where do I've to put the icefaces-comps.jar so that it can be used by the jar and by the war of my application? I don't want to put it twice in my ear.

Here's a short overview over the contents of the ear:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993012#3993012

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993012