[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Mapping an entity to partitioned tables

timw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 12 07:01:40 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm designing a J2EE application to interface a legacy app that uses partitioned tables on its database backend.

For instance 'tblBall_1', 'tblBall_2', etc......

In design terms the entity 'Ball' is a single entity which I want to represent as such in my class model.

Is there anyway to achieve this with EJB 3? Or are there any workarounds that others have used?

The only thing I can think of is to create a view to aggregate the tables together but I suspect this may run like a dog in production.

I found this post that seemed related to my question:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=76591
but redesigning the database is not an option for me.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tim

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993042#3993042

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993042