[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - JAXB: java.lang.LinkageError when linking javax.xml.namespac

DerJohannes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 12 09:39:42 EST 2006

In my ear archive, I switched parent delegation to false, because JBoss would load the wrong JAXB classes otherwise (from the server/lib folder instead from the jars given in the ear).

Now, the correct JAXB classes are loaded, but there is a new kind of problem:

When I try a

  | JAXBContext jaxbContext = JAXBContext.newInstance("com.foobar.item");

(which is using the javax.xml.namespace.QName to create a binding between XML and Java)

I get the following error:

  | javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking javax/xml/namespace/QName class

On the following sites the same problem is described:

http://www.mail-archive.com/jboss-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg22483.html
http://mail-archive.objectweb.org/oscar/2005-07/msg00055.html
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-issues/200603.mbox/%3C122476968.1143609944250.JavaMail.haus-jira@codehaus01.managed.contegix.com%3E

What is the most "straightforward" way to solve this issue on a JBoss 4.0.4 AS?

Removing the QName class from standard-jars does not seem to be very elegant, neither does copying the QName class in every bundle using it.

I read

http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration
http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossClassLoadingUseCases
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassCastExceptions

and

http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r1/html/ch2.chapter.html#d0e2311

and I think I understand the root cause of the problem (the QName class being loaded by two different class loaders). Nevertheless, I cannot solve the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

DerJohannes

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993083#3993083

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993083