[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - unable to consume messages synchronously from jbossmq queue.

sursha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 12 14:50:50 EST 2006

Hi,
I'm sending a message to a predefined Queue in JBOSSMQ using JMS api. I can view the messages in the queue in JMX console of JBOSS. I'm using version JBOSS version 4.0.5GA.
When I use the following code to synchronously receive the message, It never receives the message. I'm able to browse the queue using QueueBrowser though.

 MessageConsumer qReceiver =
                     queueSession.createConsumer(queue);
  System.out.println("Waiting for Message from B in MDB");
   qReceiver.receive();

Wondering what is going on with the synchronous receive?

If I use an MDB to listen to the queue, it works. But I'm looking for receiving message synchronous way.

Any help will be appreciated..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993164#3993164

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993164