[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - variable resolver not working?

supert24 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 05:02:46 EST 2006

When my action method of my Seam component is triggered, I try to find an enclosed UIComponent, for which I defined id="datMod", by executing

  | UIComponent uiDat = javax.faces.context.FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getViewRoot().findComponent("datMod");

Unfortunatelly it returns null.

Another approach was to resolve a variable "item" bound by this UIComponent, unfortunately returning null, too:

  | Object o = javax.faces.context.FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getApplication().getVariableResolver().resolveVariable(javax.faces.context.FacesContext.getCurrentInstance(), "item");

Ok, here is the code of my enclosing UIComponent:

  | <h:dataTable var="item" value="#{buy_ActionShowMenu_menu_WEB_OUT.menuItems}" id="datMod">
  |
  | ..
  | <h:column>
  | <s:button value="ADD" action="#{mySeamComponent.myActionMethod()}" />
  | </h:column>
  | </h:dataTable>

Any idea?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993316#3993316