[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using Seam from External Invocation

msduk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 07:16:37 EST 2006

Thanks Gavin but I think that might require a slightly better understanding that I have.

Taking the broader problem, running repeated actions from antoher thread and still having access to the seam beans . Can anyone suggest something please?

I have tried Component.getInstance("testBean") for example but I get

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No application context active
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.Component.forName(Component.java:1534)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1584)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1567)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1561)
  | 	at halvor.schedulers.db.PendingOrderQuartzTarget.execute(PendingOrderQuartzTarget.java:11)
  | 	at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:203)
  | 	at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

I am assuming I need to configure something with this approach but do not know where to start.

Any other approach suggestions are welcome; i am not tied to quartz in any way.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993360#3993360

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993360