[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: History Interceptor

dhartford do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 08:30:17 EST 2006

Hi jc,
I have not thought about the array scenario...I would imagine that if it is in a relation with another table/entity and both marked for History, it would somehow handle both scenarios.

I know the previous 'Audit' implementation and the 'History' implementation from hibernate both follow a logging approach of just what has changed.  I was looking for a more detailed 'History' so that you could get the state of the data during a specific time.

*particularly useful for applications with, say, Jboss Rules and testing retroactive changes.
*Although logging is more efficient space-wise, researching the 'state' of the data during a specific time is more processor and labor efficient if captured in its full state. However, if a mechism was in place to retrieve the entire entity state from just the logged changes, that would be wonderful.

I would be interested in feedback and comments.

not very interesting example:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993383#3993383

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993383