[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Ajax Push/Reverse Ajax?

lcoetzee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 09:31:21 EST 2006

Hi,

I have been looking a bit at implementing some kind of chat room funcitonality in my application using Seam and Ajax. From the Seam docs I see that the Ajax uses polling to contact the server to retrieve updates. I have  been wondering if it wont be possible to implement some kind of "Push" from the server side through Seam.

I know there are a few commercial things out there doing this kind of push e.g.:
http://www.lightstreamer.com/ and
http://www.icesoft.com (the Enterprise Edition).

Would be nice to have this kind of functionality in Seam. Any ideas or suggestions of how to possibly do it ?

Regards

Louis

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993400#3993400

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993400