[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Wrong behavior in my application, after setting transaction

yair.zaslavsky do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 11:49:04 EST 2006

Hi all,
This is my datasources definition:

- <local-tx-datasource>
  <jndi-name>AmsDS</jndi-name>
  <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ams_db</connection-url>
  <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
  <user-name>jboss</user-name>
  password
<transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED</transaction-isolation>
  <min-pool-size>1</min-pool-size>
  <max-pool-size>200</max-pool-size>
<exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
-
  <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>

  </local-tx-datasource>

As you can see, I set the transaction isolation level to READ_UNCOMMITED.
However, when I restart jboss, when I try to persist an entry from transaction A, and then , inside the transaction code to select the persisted entry, I get that the entry does not exist. Both insertion and selection are done using EntityManager.

I thought that using READ_UNCOMITTED means that I can read any uncommited changes made by any transaction.

Can anyone explain me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Yair Zaslavsky

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993466#3993466

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993466