[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Clustering NOT working on physical separate boxes.

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 15:30:03 EST 2006

I checked and the farm service doesn't attempt to monitor merges.  If you want you can add a feature request JIRA for that? JBoss Application Server project.

There really isn't a simple step-by-step guide. Typically the "run -c all on all the servers" approach just works.  If it doesn't it's not a simple step-by-step thing to resolve, as the source of problems tends to be very specific to the particular environment.  But, you're right, the docs are weak when it comes to the initial effort on getting things running; they dive in too much into details are architectural principles.

Re: your config, don't change the GMS.join_timeout. A PING timeout of 300000 is way to high; how about something like 5000 or 7500?  To be honest, I have no idea what kind of weird effects a PING timeout of 300000 would cause.  If your servers aren't able to discover each other normally within 5 seconds, I recommend you talk to your network guys to see if there are communication issues between the servers.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993583#3993583

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993583