[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Using <ui:include> with page action

rlhr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 15:54:02 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm using the facelets library composition tag and came up with the following need:

  | <ui:composition xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
  | 	    		xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
  | 	  			xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
  | 	  			xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
  | 	  			xmlns:s="http://jboss.com/products/seam/taglib"
  | 				template="/template.xhtml">
  |
  | <ui:define name="header">
  |
  | <ui:include src="/header.seam">
  | 	<ui:param name="type" value="light"/>
  | </ui:include>
  |
  | </ui:define>

Where /header.xhtml is defines in pages.xhtml as

  | <page view-id="/header.xhtml" action="#{headerMapper.path}" />

The headerMapper SLSB basically would return an outcome depending on the passed parameter.

This doesn't work as the <ui:include> tag expects a real path and the action bean is never called.
So I think it would be nice to have a similar tag in the seam library that would integrate with seam features (expecially the pages.xml).

I solved the issue by using the tag "properly" but I still think the idea I described would be nice.

If you guys think this makes senses, that could be added to a list of features. I might even try implement it when I get more time.

Richard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993593#3993593

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993593