[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Can Seam work with no ejb3 but with Hibernate ORM?

pgrillo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 16:05:44 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : "how can I have my DAOs use the Seam-managed persistence context when running inside the context of Seam, but use some other method of persistence context management outside of Seam"

Yes, that is my main problem.  However, our DAOs are not publicly constructable, they are returned from one of our DAO factories, given a "product id" because we have different flavors of "Customer DAOs" depending on the context (productID) in which we are working.   It's the nature of our business.

Our code knows its productID, and simply does:

DOAFactory.getFactory(productID).getCustomerDAO()

However, our DAO's DO have setSession(Session) on them as well (override).

So, maybe there is an answer somewhere using your approach, i've just got to figure it out.  perhaps our seam components don't use our DAOFactory directly, but  a Seam component that interacts with our DAOFactory, that will get the DAO and set the "injected" session into it ....

Thanks for the idea, Gavin,  i'll see if i can get it working.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993599#3993599

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993599