[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Referencing global view-id variables from .jpdl.xml

spambob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 22:26:06 EST 2006

Thank you for your answer, but I'm not sure if you understood me right.

What I want to do is to define some '_virtual_ location', like some logical place in my app - i.e. 'home' to be 'home.xhtml' in navigation.xml.

Now i would like to refer to 'home' in my .jpdl.xml files. The advantage is - when i have a lot of .jpdl.xml files that reference 'home' and i want to change it from 'home.xhtml' to 'index.xhtml' - that i don't have to manually edit - or do find & replace - every single .jpdl.xml file but can simply change 'home.xhtml' to 'index.xhtml' in my navigation.xml file, without touching every single .jpdl.xml file. So the difference is not the '/' but more logical place vs. URL.

IMO this could be pretty useful for managing / reorganizing big projects with many .jpdl.xml files - it makes this work a lot easier ant eliminates some copy paste errors.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993671#3993671

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993671