[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Buddy Replication and data consistency

mica do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 14 06:28:59 EST 2006

Hi,

Some issues which are not clear for me after reading docs:

if I execute put(fqn, key, value, option) command with autogravity option concurrently on two distinct cache instances (let say put(key, val1) on cache1 and put(key, val2) on cache2)

1) with SYNC_REPL - invokes will be ordered and as a result i'll get consistent state of the cache (so either val1 on cache1 or val2 on cache2)
or i can get a CacheException (or sth more specific?) while from one or both puts?

2) with ASYNC_REPL - i can not get any exception and eventually at some point cache will achieve consistent state or sth else can happen (exception, inconsistent state)?

3) is there any difference in behaviour while using _INVALIDATE than _REPL in cas of buddy replication?

--
thanks in advance,
mj

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993793#3993793