[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: [OT] Seam and Tomahawk - lost property?

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 14 07:18:36 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : Even if you had this experience in the past didn't mean that they are still true.

Fair enough, I'm willing to give you guys a chance.

anonymous wrote : And - what gives you the right to judge in such a drastic way.

What gives me the right is I'm the one people are asking for advice. If users ask you for advice, I believe it is your responsibility to tell them your honest opinion, ie, what you believe will help them have the most success on their project.

anonymous wrote : A search about "tomahawk" (using the search box in the right upper corner) brought up 6 hits, not *that* much, is it?

Ahem, the search is quite bad, there have of course been many more threads than that (probably more like 100).

anonymous wrote : Once in the past I expressed my personal feeling that Seam is too feature overloaded, immediately one of you guys campaign against me to stop saying such things. And I stopped.

I have no idea who "one of you guys" refers to, but it certainly wasn't me, and I have not heard of any such "campaign" or anything else about this episode.

anonymous wrote : I learned its your decision what you put into Seam.

Sure. And its your perfect right to critique my decisions.

anonymous wrote : So instead of forcing people not to use tomahawk redirect them to our user form

OK, I'll try that, but if we keep seeing the large number of problems we were seeing before, I'm going to have to reinstate the previous policy.

You see, in light of the bugs we've seen in the past, *someone* is going to have to test Seam+Tomahawk. I'm not going to do it because, frankly, the components offered in Tomahawk are not interesting to me and because I believe there are better alternatives. Are *you* guys going to take responsibility for this testing? If the answer is "no", then what's going to happen is that users will find the problems, and they will get frustrated with us because we don't want to take responsibility for them.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993809#3993809

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993809