[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam & Maven2

mzeijen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 14 10:34:41 EST 2006

I think it would be great if there was some support for Maven2 together with Seam. I am not the only one that would want that because there where already several topics on this subject.

Here is a ref to one of them: http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=92547

The problem that is Gavin doesn't work with Maven2 (yet ;) ) and that is why there isn't any support for it. He said:

anonymous wrote : If you guys want solid Maven support, then one of you is going to have to step up and work on it, and promise to maintain it

I am willing to be that Guy.

Here is a list with things that I want do:

- Try to get the Seam libraries into the mayor Maven2 repositories and maintain them.
- Try to get as many of the dependency libraries, that aren't in the mayor Maven2 repositories, into those repositories.
- Try to get someone to maintain those dependency libraries in the mayor Maven2 repositories.
- Create and maintain archetypes for seam (already working on that)
- Create patches for the generating tool so that it can create Maven2 enabled projects.
- Write wiki information about Seam and Maven2.
- Give forum support on Maven2 problems with Seam

At this moment the biggest problem are the dependencies. Several aren't to be found in the major repositories and from others I need to know the version. I also need to unravel the thirdparty-all.jar into separate libraries, from which I then need to know the version.

To get this party rolling I need some active support from Gavin (and JBoss). He knows probably everything about the libraries that are used.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993895#3993895

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993895