[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Can Seam work with no ejb3 but with Hibernate ORM?

pgrillo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 14 10:53:24 EST 2006

Yes, different flavor means different class.  Multiple factories by productID may return specializations of any of our DAOs.

Sorry, for this last question. Just trying to inject my Hibernate session, and the doc reads.

anonymous wrote : Seam will bootstrap a Hibernate SessionFactory from your hibernate.cfg.xml file if you install the built-in
  | component named org.jboss.seam.core.hibernate.

Does this mean that my Hibernate session must be fully defined through the hibernate.cfg.xml?

Because, I build the Hibernate Factory dynamically.  I start with a hibernate properties file, then dynamically find optional mapping files that may or may not exist, and dynamically add them, then build it.

So, everything is not self contained or static in a configuration file.  Is there a way to somehow provide Seam with the Factory that our app built?  Or have i misread what i required to get Seam a reference to our factory so it can manage our session.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993910#3993910

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993910