[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - java.lang.ClassCastException in EJB-Proxy

tonioc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 14 16:53:37 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm usign 4.0.5/EJB3 and an independent Tomcat 5.5
Ububntu 5-10 java 1.5.08.

Using StatelessSessionBean with a BusinessDelegate as a facade.

The application is a web-service front end to EJB methods, it is
working ok, but:
  Every now an then, sometimes after re-deploying, sometimes after
  restarting jboss, a call to Business-Method (isUserAuthorized) from
  my tomcat application (web-service) gives this error

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: isoa.users.bean.UserContext
  |         at $Proxy15.isUserAuthorized(Unknown Source)
  |         at isoa.users.bean.UsersServiceBd$3.run(UsersServiceBd.java:91)
  |         at isoa.commons.bean.AbstractBizDelegate$EjbRun.runWithRetries(AbstractBizDelegate.java:150)
  |
  |         ... 37 more

  | package isoa.users.bean;
  |
  | // Value-Object for returning multiple values
  | public class UserContext implements java.io.Serializable
  | {
  | 	public int contractId = -1;
  | 	public int userId = -1;
  | 	public int beingId = -1;
  | 	public int methodId = -1;
  | 	public int serviceId = -1;
  | 	public int implementationId = -1;
  | 	public int hits = -1;
  | 	public Integer pendingHits;
  |
  | }
  |
  |         // Bean Method
  |         // It does not return null.
  | 	public UserContext isUserAuthorized(
  | 			String ticket
  | 			,InetAddress ipAddr
  | 			,int serviceId
  | 			,int implementationId
  | 			,int methodId
  | 			) throws IsoaException;

UserContext class is in the class-path, I checked the version is
always the same in my client and in my server, etc., etc..., all
seems pretty ok.

WebApplication include jars with all the interfaces and implementation
of EJB3 session.

Sometimes after calling the method a second time or just re-deploying begins to work OK again.

Any Idea where to look for, or what is happening

Thanks in advance
tonio

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994041#3994041

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994041