[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Basic Seam questions

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 15 12:25:49 EST 2006

That's right, I did notice a "cid" request parameter in the address bar. However, what confuses me is if I hit CONTROL+N (for a new window) or open a new tab, how does Seam know that you are now in a new conversation and not the same one? After all, isn't it the same "cid" in the request parameter?

Similarly, with the back button, how does Seam know when it builds the component tree that these components belong to a NEW conversation and not an existing one? After all, if you click back and resubmit (with the same cid in the browser bar), wouldn't it "overwrite" the current conversation?

So if I were to look at what's within the HTTP Session, would I see multiple "cid" parameters? (By the way, if not using JSP how can you manipulate and view the HTTPSession? I'm guessing that the seam Session context isn't the same object as JSP's HTTPSession?)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994291#3994291

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994291