[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam debug page with ICEfaces

MarkCollette do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 15 22:09:32 EST 2006

Hmm, some random musings from me, about your question ... :)

I'm not aware of any other way of telling Facelets where to get at a resource, besides via the ResourceResolver.  The thing is, I'm not sure that ResourceResolvers should be automagically configured anyway, since the web app developer would probably want to control the sequence of the chain of delegation.

And the problem with the SeamDebugPhaseListener approach is that anyone using their own ViewHandler, not just ICEfaces with its ViewHandlers, may have problems.  And what if content is being rendered to some non-HTML front-end? Then they might not be able to access the debug page anyway with the existing approach.

Is there some way of faces-config.xml saving away some state somewhere, that the Facelets DefaultResourceResolver could then retrieve, that would then tell it how to find your debug.xhtml file?  Alternatively, maybe your PhaseListener could programatically call some static method in Facelets, that could tell the DefaultResourceResolver about a Seam delegate that can find the debug.xhtml file.  I guess that's more of a question for the Facelets Dev newsgroup, but maybe you'd have some clout with them to have that done?

Oh, and I should probably mention, that what I've described here in this thread won't actually make the debug page work with the ICEfaces 1.5.1 release, but should make the next release work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994379#3994379

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994379