[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam & Maven2

mzeijen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 16 08:19:55 EST 2006

I have been look through the current JBoss maven2 repository at http://repository.jboss.com/maven2. I have noticed that it isn't really maintained. I also have some remarks on the JBoss artifact structure within it:

1. Most JBoss artifacts have a groupId of 'jboss' and some 'org.jboss'.  I.M.H.O this should be 'org.jboss'. The idea behind the groupId is the same idea behind packages of Java. You should use the domain of the creators of the library as groupId.

2. The current 1.01-GA artifacts (core, ui, debug) of seam have the groupId 'jboss'. I.M.H.O this should be 'org.jboss.seam'. This groups the seam libraries within on group and makes it easier to find/maintain.

3. The current version used is 1.0.1-GA. This reflects the version that is used by JBoss itself. I am not so sure if it is a good id to use the GA within Maven2 versions. In Maven2 the -{code} behind a version number represents a qualifier. A qualifier is intended to indicate a version prior to a release. So the use of -alpha, -beta, -cr1, etc isn't a problem, but we probably shouldn't use the GA because Maven2 then doesn't see the library as a release. The GA  could result in problems with the dependency management of Maven2.

Is there someone who I can contact about the Maven2 repository of JBoss?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994404#3994404

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994404