[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Conversation Timeout and time of conversation destruction

ccurban do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 17 18:26:59 EST 2006

I need to change the status of an entity at the end of a conversation (even a timed out one).

Here is the SFSB that should do that:
@Stateful
  | @Scope(ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
  | @Name("callCenterAddressAction")
  | public class CallCenterAddressAction implements CallCenterAddressLocal
  | {
  | 	@Out(required = false, scope = ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
  | 	private Distribution currentDistribution;
  | .
  | .
  | .
  | 	@Destroy
  | 	@Remove
  | 	public void destroy() {
  | 		if (currentDistribution != null) {
  | 			Distribution distribution = inaEntityManager.merge(currentDistribution);
  | 			if (distribution.getStatus().equals(Distribution.STATUS_IN_PROCESS)) {
  | 				distribution.setStatus(Distribution.STATUS_PRE_PROCESS);
  | 			}
  | 		}
  | 	}
  | }

To test the behaviour I set the conversation timeout to 10 secs in components.xml
<component name="org.jboss.seam.core.manager">
  | 	<property name="conversationTimeout">10000</property>
  | </component>

I expected that the conversation will be destroyed after 10 secs (or some time in the near surrounding of 10 secs).
Unfortunately it seams only to be destroyed when I navigate to another page in the browser.

Did I make a mistake or is this behaviour only occuring in my single-place-test-environment (and the context cleanup is started on every servlet call)?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994531#3994531

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994531