[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Log4J and JBoss. Piping output

gommo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 19 01:12:05 EST 2006

(Using WinXP)

I'm playing around with launching JBoss from another JBoss application by launching the run.bat and shutdown.bat files etc..

I can do this in a way that no commandline windows appear. What I'd like to be able to do (and if possible with log4j ??) is pipe the output normally going to the console window into a JFrame running in my launcher Java app.

The reason I want to do this is obviously to have a way to see JBoss running in realtime rather than by checking log files, but the whole idea is so my launcher Java app can do schema updating on the database automatically before JBoss launches.

Any tips would be great.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994893#3994893

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994893