[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Basic Seam questions

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 19 02:35:49 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : That's right, I did notice a "cid" request parameter in the address bar. However, what confuses me is if I hit CONTROL+N (for a new window) or open a new tab, how does Seam know that you are now in a new conversation and not the same one? After all, isn't it the same "cid" in the request parameter?

  | Similarly, with the back button, how does Seam know when it builds the component tree that these components belong to a NEW conversation and not an existing one? After all, if you click back and resubmit (with the same cid in the browser bar), wouldn't it "overwrite" the current conversation?

There are many things about conversations that I'm not able to understand, from the above questions. Could you provide some insight about those issues?

Another question I have is whether persist() is necessary in all cases? I have a conversation with a @Begin and @End. A view uses an entity as a backing bean; the action method on an SFSB and EXTENDED persistence context manipulates that entity's properties; then the method returns a String outcome.

No persist() method, but to my amazement it has persisted in the database after @End completes? Do my eyes deceive me!?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994904#3994904

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994904