[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Re: Reserve Jboss port in window OS during startup

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 20 12:03:07 EST 2006

There is not way to force Windows to reserve ports for an application that I know of.  The ports are allocated on a first come, first served basis.  If you are running a program (or service) that uses, for example, port 1099, then you have one of several choices.

First, don't run that program.

Second, change that program to use a different port.

Third, change JBoss to use a different port.

About once a month at work, my required corporate version of Norton Anti-Virus insists on opening port 1099 (it randomly selects an open port, usually I am lucky and it selects something other than 1099). I have complained to the corporate network administrators, asking for a way to tell Norton not to use that port.  So far my requests have fallen on deaf ears. So when it happens, I reboot and Norton grabs a different port. (Option one above is not an option for me because i have no control over Norton. And option three above is not an option for me since I am constantly reinstalling and running various versions of JBoss.)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995366#3995366

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995366