[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam & Maven2

mzeijen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 20 13:29:59 EST 2006

I must agree with max. My plan is as following:

1. Get both releases, with dependencies, in the official repositories. This way it is very simple for users to create their own Maven2 projects with Seam in the dependency list without having to worry about Seam its dependencies.

2. Find out how we can make it easy for the users to cope with those annoying javax.{library} libraries that aren't allowed in public Maven2 repositories because of their license.

3. Create archetypes for Seam. An archetype is a project template from which you can generate the main parts of a Maven2 project. It is a bit like the Seam generator, but  simpler. It only creates a file structure, it doesn't reverse engineer a database. But maybe I can create a Maven2 plugin to do that some day ;).

4. Create some nice tutorials how to handle a Seam with Maven2 project. It will contain the basics but also stuff like how to make the combination work with Eclipse and have nice stuff like hot-swap with JBoss in development time.

5. Like Max says: having "fun" with trying to "bend" either seam buildstructure or Maven to be compatible. This means that you get the full power of Maven2 for developing Seam itself.

6. The most difficult part: Getting Gavin so far that he will switch to Maven2 ;).

But we first need to do number 1. And every help is appreciated.

@Gavin: I saw your post during the writing of this post. As you can see my main focus is creating something that will be useful too the users and make their lives easier.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995402#3995402

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995402