[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam explicit conversationId

pdpantages do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 20 14:35:57 EST 2006

I am Using Seam 1.0.1GA, ajax4jsf 1.0.2, Jboss 4.0.4.GA

Hello Forum,

I have tried to use the "explicit conversationId" feature but am a bit puzzled by the behaviour.

Section 3.6 of the Seam 1.0.1GA reference seems to state that if the "explicit" conversation already exists, Seam will decline to begin a new converstion and will simply  re-direct to the existing one. This is what I want to do.

But, if I try something like
@Begin(id="myConvId")
and  execute the annotated method from a LR conversation, I get the familiar exception, explaining that I am already in a LRC and need to use join=true. Note that the LR conversation is not the one identified by "myConvId".

This seems to contradict the documentation, or am I mis-reading something. ? If I put join=true, I would expect to stay with the LRC and not redirect to "myConvId", no?

Thank you for your help, PdP

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995429#3995429

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995429