[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: How contribute to Freemarker plugin and add my Plugin ec

azerr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 21 05:43:52 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : Yes, I received it; but please send it as a *patch*.
That's done.

anonymous wrote : You only need the java classes in your project if you haven't specified all the types of your mapping files. e.g. when you generate pojo's you just need the mapping files - no classes; otherwise hbm2java could not be possible.

Sorry, I have not seen.

anonymous wrote : We don't have those implemented (except "bean), but nothing in the tools prevents it.

Is it easy to change default architecture (bean) with another architecture? With Akrogen you can create your own Project (MyJ2EE project) and add it component, wizard, for your architecture.

anonymous wrote : I don't get your "bulk" argument here ? Hibernate tools defaults to generate for all entities and components but that can of course be controlled by the exporter if you want to.....and adding a "generate only *this* part" is of course possilbe....

My explanation was not enough good. Imagine you want create finder DAO
with specific criteria (findByCountryId). With Akrogen you can create XML component which generate this method. For this, you must create a template (XSL, Freemarker), and create a XML component MyComponent (parameters IN criteria => XML  => display list of your hbm property into the list checkable).

When you select the hbm (menu AKROGE->Components->MyComponent) , the XML component will display a Wizard page, with all property of your hbm. you check Id property and click finish, your DAO findByCountryId will be generated.

anonymous wrote : tip: If you want users to understand Akrogen features you should try and document it with some better examples, the current page is very sparse on information.

I agree with you my documentation is very bad. I have a lot of development for Akrogen (ex : I work to export Freemarker Plugin context .freemarker-ide.xml and build auomaticly Akrogen XML component).
I'm searching people to help me to develop Akrogen and write documentation, but it's very difficult.

Thank you for your answer.

Angelo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995546#3995546

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995546