[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Problem with createTopicConnection - over http proxy server

alexz75 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 21 09:24:31 EST 2006

Hi All!
I tried find any solution for follow issue during migration to HTTP lookups:
1. We have JBOSS 4.0.5GA server installed in our local network.
2. We successfully work with EJB beans locally and remotely
3. We have no problem to work with JMS locally
But...
createTopic throws exception (see below).
I've found source of this problem usage of ipaddress in url: http://145.9.239.153:8080/jbossmq-httpil/HTTPServerILServlet
Because java not able to detect  - this ip address is local and can't be accessed thru gateway.

We have workaround  - put specific ip address into list of bypass adresses, but it seems ugly, we have couple of remote servers, that should be accessed thru gateway.

How we can force client usage of URL instead of ip?
(jndi.properties have full qualified name of server host)

  | jndiContext = m_ctx;
  | ref = (TopicConnectionFactory) jndiContext.lookup("HTTPConnectionFactory");
  | m_topic = (Topic)jndiContext.lookup(LMProperties.sTOPIC_PATH);
  | // here it hangs for 2 mins and throw exception:
  | m_topic_connection = ref.createTopicConnection();

Exception:

  | Cannot authenticate user; - nested throwable: (java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 504 for URL: http://145.9.239.153:8080/jbossmq-httpil/HTTPServerILServlet)
  | javawsApplicationMain|org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException.getAsJMSException(SpyJMSException.java:72)
  | org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException.rethrowAsJMSException(SpyJMSException.java:57)
  | org.jboss.mq.Connection.authenticate(Connection.java:1069)
  | org.jboss.mq.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:252)
  | org.jboss.mq.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:323)
  | org.jboss.mq.SpyConnection.<init>(SpyConnection.java:116)
  | org.jboss.mq.SpyConnectionFactory.internalCreateConnection(SpyConnectionFactory.java:137)
  | org.jboss.mq.SpyConnectionFactory.createTopicConnection(SpyConnectionFactory.java:118)

Glad to get any suggestions...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995603#3995603

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995603