[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - modifying the jboss portal programatically with portal core

FredF do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 22 09:45:29 EST 2006

I am developing some portlets using JBoss seam 1.0 and JBoss Portal 2.6.
A want to use the Portal Core API in order to add portal objects programatically, e.g. portlet instances to pages and pages to portals.
I have looked at how the included manager portlet accomplishes this. I figured out that I need an instance of the PortalObjectManagerBean and then call some methods on it.

The manager portlet uses dependency injection via the faces-config.xml and sets up various properties on the bean. I have copied that managed bean to my faces-config.xml and set getters and setters in my pojo to my attribute of class PortalObjectManagerBean but it is null when I access it.
If I explicitly create a new object all other properties of the bean is still null. I access the portal core api from a pojo that in turn is called by an seam action class.

How do I get an instance of the managerbean? Have anyone done this before and want to give me any help?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995876#3995876

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995876