[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Locating timers from process instance

arshadnj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 22 11:09:09 EST 2006

I am wondering how can I locate timers associated with a process instance.

Here is more detailed information about our requirement and wondering how JBPM timers will fit in.

Basically, the application is kind of Order management system. When the order goes into to 'Wait for approval from Customer', we need to  create a timer, which sends a reminder to customer. The key point here is, this reminder date is based on the business date, which can be changed from some admin users. In other words, we need our timer to work based on a variable of the system instead of some constant interval which we define in the process definition.
So, my question is, can we have a timer whose triggering is associated with some business date? I think NO, so, my next option is, when this date changes, go and update the timer itself. I can do this only if I can locate timers for a given process instance.

I guess, even option is to have a JOB which looks for this date and sends a reminder!

Thanks,
Arshad

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995895#3995895

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995895