[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Problem testing Hello BPEL sample

zauberlehrling do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 26 15:37:57 EST 2006

As mentioned above I get a NullPointer Exception on line 355 in the method getRequestParts in the class SoapHandler:
 private static Map getRequestParts(SOAPElement operationWrapper,
  |       javax.wsdl.Message requestMessage) throws JMSException, SOAPException {
  |     HashMap inputParts = new HashMap();
  |     Name nilName = SOAPFactory.newInstance().createName(BpelConstants.ATTR_NIL,
  |         null, BpelConstants.NS_XML_SCHEMA_INSTANCE);
  |
  |     // iterate through input message parts
  |     Iterator partIt = requestMessage.getParts().values().iterator();
  |     while (partIt.hasNext()) {
  |       Part requestPart = (Part) partIt.next();
  |       // get part accessor from operation wrapper
  |       String partName = requestPart.getName();
  |       SOAPElement partAccessor = XmlUtil.getElement(operationWrapper, partName);
  |
  |       // BPEL-68 check for xsi:nil
  |       String nilValue = partAccessor.getAttributeValue(nilName);                       // line  355
  |       if (nilValue == null
  |           || DatatypeUtil.parseBoolean(nilValue) != Boolean.TRUE) {
  |         SOAPElement partValue = getPartValue(partAccessor, requestPart);
  |         // create a dom element with the same name as the operation part
  |         Element inputPart = XmlUtil.createElement(partValue.getNamespaceURI(),
  |             partValue.getLocalName());
  |         // add part to input message
  |         inputParts.put(partName, inputPart);
  |         // copy operation part to input part
  |         XmlUtil.copy(inputPart, partValue);
  |       }
  |       // else: do not copy the operation part
  |     }
  |     return inputParts;
  |   }
The exception is raised because the result of the statement
XmlUtil.getElement(operationWrapper, partName);

is null. That means that the variable partAccessor is null:

  | SOAPElement partAccessor = XmlUtil.getElement(operationWrapper, partName);

and the statement

  | String nilValue = partAccessor.getAttributeValue(nilName);

raises the NullPointerException.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996330#3996330

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996330