[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Implementing AssignmentHandler

dslevine do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 26 18:28:41 EST 2006

I'm just starting to try and implement my own AssignmentHandler.  Simple question on the existing implementation, ExpressionAssignmentHandler.

The code is:

  | public class ExpressionAssignmentHandler implements AssignmentHandler {
  |
  |   private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |
  |   protected String expression;
  |   protected ExecutionContext executionContext = null;
  |   protected ExpressionSession expressionSession = null;
  |   protected TermTokenizer tokenizer;
  |   protected Entity entity = null;
  |
  |   public void assign(Assignable assignable, ExecutionContext executionContext) {
  |
  |     try {
  |       expressionSession = getExpressionSession();
  |       if (expressionSession==null) {
  |         throw new NullPointerException("getIdentitySession returned null");
  |       }
  |       this.tokenizer = new TermTokenizer(expression); // My Comment: how is expression set by here??

How does expression get set in this class?

The code in getExpressionSession() doesnt set it:

  |   /**
  |    * serves as a hook for customizing the way the identity session is retrieved.
  |    * overload this method to reuse this expression assignment handler for your
  |    * user data store.
  |    */
  |   protected ExpressionSession getExpressionSession() {
  |     JbpmContext jbpmContext = JbpmContext.getCurrentJbpmContext();
  |     if (jbpmContext==null) {
  |       throw new RuntimeException("no active JbpmContext for resolving assignment expression'"+expression+"'");
  |     }
  |     return new IdentitySession(jbpmContext.getSession());
  |   }

...so what does?  I'm sure I'm missing something simple, thanks!

PS: I need to implement AssignmentHandler from scratch and not extend ExpressionAssignmentHandler even though I am going to stay with expressions because I dont want to use jbpm User objects as I have my own User objects already.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996349#3996349

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996349