[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Trying to install/test-run JBoss 5, encountering errors

crobison do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 29 11:44:48 EST 2006

Hey folks,

I've downloaded a copy of JBoss 5 Beta 1, and I've installed it on a box running CentOS and I'm trying to do a test run to verify that everything got installed correctly. When I do, I get a huge dump over the next two minutes, and it doesn't look like all is well.

The salient bits appear to be:

13:39:34,991 ERROR [BaseModelMBean] Exception invoking method addChild
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to parse source: Bad file descriptor
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc6.TomcatInjectionContainer.processMetadata(TomcatInjectionContainer.java:264)

13:39:35,051 ERROR [BaseModelMBean] Exception invoking method init
LifecycleException:  Manager has not yet been started

13:39:35,097 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Start: name=jboss.web.deployment:war=/jmx-console state=Create mode=Manual requiredState=Installed
LifecycleException:  Manager has not yet been started

This is directly after having unzipped the distribution zip file jboss-5.0.0.Beta1.zip.   What else do I need to do at an absolute minimum to get it to start up successfully?

Thanks!
  --chris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996876#3996876

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996876